Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Metropolitan Museum of Art

Mom and I visited the Met in New York a couple days ago and I just have to share some of my personal favorites .When I go I usually focus on the temporary exhibits and European paintings and drawings but on this visit I took a different path and was pleasantly surprised at the beauty of the European decorative arts wing.There were whole rooms from french chateaus that made me feel a little like being in Versailles.I recommend the Petri Court Restaurant that looks out onto Central Park for lunch....much better than the generic cafeteria on the ground floor .  
         
Some of the pics were taken with my iphone were in poor lighting and with a shakey hand.The really good pics (near the bottom) were taken from the Met website.None of the photos does these pieces justice.Some of them stopped me in their tracks.I highly recommend seeing this area if you're ever there.

1 comment:

  1. Olá...Estou te escrevendo para agradecer o quanto bem o seu blog faz para mim...ele é maravilhoso..parabens pela qualidade das fotos postadas...é tudo muito lindo...voce enche a minha alma de alegria....obrigado...

    Lucia..

    ReplyDelete